GET THE LOOK

GET THE LOOK

So recently I have started practicing make up on faces other than my own, and I thought I'd use this for my blog, and each time post a 'Get the Look' with step to step guides on how I completed each look... This is a really easy look, it looks much harder then it is, and is so easy to recreate are home!


So this is the make up I did on Lily for her 18th birthday party. I began with priming by spraying MAC Fix+ and then prepping the skin with MAC Strobe Cream. Once the skin was ready I began concealing areas such as under-eyes and other areas I wanted covered before the foundation went on, I used Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer to conceal and of course my beauty blender.

Next, foundation, I used MAC Studio Fix NC25 mixed with MAC Studio Sculpt NC40, I mixed these foundations as Lily was tanned so I wanted the foundation to be the right colour. I always suggest mixing foundations as you get the best of both foundations, I have been loving mixing MAC Studio Fix with Rimmel Lasting Finish, it stays in place ALL DAY!

So once the skin had its base, I began to highlight the under eyes and T-Zone. Using my holy grail, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15, seriously there is no under eye concealer, I have all my friends and family HOOKED on this concealer! I apply loads under the eyes, as I love that really highlighted under eye for a night time look, however with this, and also with heavy eye make up, I always opt for a soft, subtle contour. Using Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Powder), using the darkest shade I define a line, then blend blend BLEND with the lightest contour shade, I also use the highlight shades to set the ender eye concealer, using the same beauty blender, so Prolongwear is still lingering, creating a super long lasting highlight! For blush I used the amazing Dior Rosy Glow, another holy grail, and highlight I used my new obsession Urban Decay Illuminated Highlight in shade 'Aura' LOVE THIS!

Moving on to eye, I prime the eyes with MAC Studio Fix Concealer, Concealers are great bases for eyeshadows, I suggest cream concealers, and not liquids, but either way it's going to work, these as primers have no effect on the colour of your shadows like some eye lid primers do. Using my MAC Warm Neutral Palette I started with 'Lemon Tart' all over the lid, then I took a card, lining it from the corner of her eyes, diagonally up towards the end of her eyebrow and took my Sigma E73 Brush with 'Dance in the Dark' creating a sharp defined line, also brushing the faded remains across the lid creating a darker effect. I then moved on to my Urban Decay Naked Palette packing Gold shade 'Half Baked' on until I was happy with the colour pay off. To blend all this I took my favourite tapered blending brush, Sigma E40, and blended this out with my favourite blending shade MAC 'Saddle'. To finish the eyes I went in with Half baked in the inner corners, TIP: Shimmer shades on the tear ducts creates a wider, more awoken eye, and then used 'Saddle' across the bottom of the eye. On the Lips is MAC Subculture Liner, and MAC Ravishing Lipstick, and the look was then finished with a spritz of Fix+ and some Ardell Wispie Lashes!

Hope you love this look as much as I did.

aimeeroseXO

No comments

Beauty-Outlet.net