KYLIE COSMETICS LIP GLOSS REVIEW

LIKE, LITERALLY, SO CUTE!

I was so excited to receive these after enjoying her original lip kits so much, however I have mixed feelings about the glosses, I do like them but I think there is definitely room for improvement. First of all, I love the colours, they are brilliants and the formula is beautiful, not sticky at all!

My main issue with this product is the applicator, I don't know why Kylie would not just have a normally dome applicator like her lip kits! A dome applicator is perfect for packing product onto your lipS, but more importantly it helps control where the product is going, as well as being able to use the product and applicator to define your lips, and perfectly apply in the outline of your lips!

 


This really lets the product down as it makes it very hard to apply neatly, and all the hairs separate and looks so messy and apply the gloss all over your face by the time you are done applying! After being so taken back by the quality of the wands I decided to look online to see if this bothered anyone else, as I really can't see how anyone can be happy with this... I found many complaints, and it's nice to know I am not the only one. Kylie has seen all the complaints and has made the brush hairs shorter, so it is still the same concept, just a bit less messy I suppose, however it is upsetting that those who waited up all night for the launch of these glosses are the ones suffering, and the ones who are now stuck with this unacceptable applicator! I also think she should consider changing the wands to the exact same as the lip kits as it is a pigmented gloss that needs to be applied like the lip kits. I was a little bit disappointed in most beauty bloggers as I only found Jeffree Star to be the only one to speak out about the unacceptable quality of these brushes, if you follow Kylie on snapchat you would've seen she hosted a huge lunch for the launch of these glosses, with all the most famous beauty bloggers, I feel like that might have had an influence on their reviews of this product, as there is no way make up gurus such as Carli Bybel, Amrezy, etc. could find this acceptable.


In total, with customs charge and shipping to the UK, for all 3 glosses it cost me £55! It was £40 but unfortunatley every now and again customs do charge you, so £55 it is. I think the price is fair, it is a very pigmented gloss so you do not need lipstick underneath which I am not use to, and love! The formula and colours are both really nice, and in that sense I am extremely pleased with this product, however as I said the applicator is a big turn off for me and you have to be so careful when applying! The product stays glossy for a while, it never bothers me when I have to reapply lipgloss but thankfully I don't have to bare re application of this gloss too much, thank god for the long wearing of this product because I couldn't stand the difficulty of applying the product neatly too much in one day!


From right to left the swatches are Like, Literally, So Cute so as you can see the colours are beautiful and well chosen. Literally and So Cute mixed is my absolute favourite, but if I had to choose one shade alone Literally would be my top pick! What do you think of the Kylie Jenner Lip Glosses? The new applicator comes with the next launch!

aimeeroseXO

2 comments

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. all natural makeup brands

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing.. facials tampa

    ReplyDelete

Beauty-Outlet.net