BUDGET BEAUTY: SAVING MONEY IN MAC

BUDGET BEAUTY
SAVING MONEY IN MAC

I've started a new segment called Budget Beauty, where I will be telling you how to save money across all brands, but heres some tips on how I save money in MAC, making room for more MAC!

1. Travel Sizes - So MAC have a few items that they do in travel sizes for £10, now the tip is to buy these instead of full sizes because your getting more for your buck. For example, you can pay £30 for a 50ml bottle of MAC Strobe Cream, or you can pay £10 for a 30ml Travel Size Strobe Cream, so if you were to spend £30 on travel sizes, in actual fact your getting 90ml, which is almost double!

2. Back to MAC - This is probably a tip you have all heard of, but if you return 6 empties from MAC you will receive a free lipstick, the shade being your choice completely. I am starting to do other peoples make up now, so I'm thinking of depotting all my lipsticks and returning all the cases.

3. Buying Singles - We all love MAC Eyeshadows, but we don't just want one, we want them all, and how can we afford this? Refill Pans! Create your own palette, and save £3 per eyeshadow, which adds up to a lot over time! You can buy empty make up palettes for as little as £2.89 on eBay, why not fill one of them up with MAC Eyeshadows and pay just £10 per shadow, instead of £13. Also, not to mention it makes it SO much easier.

4. Samples - Each time you buy something you are entitled to receive a free sample, they do not offer this, however if you ask they are more then happy to give you one. I think samples are great as they save you splurging on the whole thing without having even tried it. For example, when I bought my Studio Fix I asked the worker if I could have a little sample of Face and Body as I didn't want to spend on a foundation I could potentially hate!

5. eBay - There are so many people out there who try make up that just doesn't work on them so then they go onto sell, and eBay also have a few outlets for this. I personally have not tried this as I know their are fakes out there, and I don't really have a good eye for whats fake and whats not until I receive it there and then infant of me, however I have heard of many people who save LOADS buying MAC products from those who didn't like them or online outlets. A lot of Beauty Blogger either giveaway or sell products such as MAC, and you can trust they are real.

6. Priorities - Don't go in MAC and think you need everything, because lets be real here when it comes to lips and shadows a lot is the same, if not extremely similar. I always TRY to pick one of everything, for example, if you are just starting your collection pick ONE Nude Lipstick (I suggest  Creme Cup), pick one Liner that can go with any colour lip (I suggest Subculture), pick one Blending Shade (You'll only ever need Saddle), etc.

7. Department Stores Online - If you are a student you can get 10% places like Debenhams and House of Fraser who stock MAC Online, also people don't really think to shop for MAC on these websites, so you always find the sold out products such as Spice Liner, Velvet Teddy Lipstick, it's all on there! They also have special brand days, where you get percentage off as well as still being able to redeem student discount.

8. MAC Pro Card - If you are a professional, you are lucky enough to be blessed with the MAC Pro Card which gets you 40% off any purchases.

9. Duty Free - Need I go on? You can always get some good deals when your in duty free, or even if you have a friend that's travelling, give them a list!

10. USA - This is a long shot, but if your going out to the USA, or even have a friend that is, hold on, because the savings out there, it is just unbelievable. MAC is an American company so it is cheaper anyway, but with the pounds to dollar exchange rate you really are saving yourself a heck of a lot of money!

They are my top ten tips for saving money in MAC, do you know any others? Or know any trusted discount sites to buy MAC from? Let me know!

aimeeroseXO





No comments

Beauty-Outlet.net