FAKE TAN PHILOSOPHY

FAKE TAN PHILOSOPHY

Okay, so I am the biggest fake tan fan you will ever meet, and no not because I am from Essex, but because I have the palest skin and I just feel so much better with a tan. I wear fake tan every single day of my life so have been through my fair shares of DOs and DON'Ts when it comes to tanning so here is my Fake Tan Philosophy: A guide on which tans to use and exactly how to apply them. I always say that fake tan is like contouring, it is so anticipated by many as such a tricky thing to do, but once you've got your technique it's the easiest thing to do.

Lets start with some application tips...
NUMBER ONE RULE: Always use a mitt or something to protect your hands, and if you do feel like using your hands, make sure you wash them thoroughly after. However, if you do make that mistake every now and again like me, and the fake tan makes your hands look absolutely ridiculous smother them in toothpaste and wash off, it will come off straight away.

HANDS & FEET: So these are the two most difficult places when applying fake tan, it can always go funny between your fingers and toes, etc. My top tip for completing the natural look with matching hands and feet is to use a kabuki brush, yes a make up brush. Apply a little fake tan directly on the skin and buff with a make up brush, preferably one you are not going to use on your face. The bristles are going to evenly spread the fake tan into all the nooks and crannys. When your hands and feet are a state, it really can ruin your whole look!

FACE: It's never a good look to have an orange neck and white body, however an orange face isn't always the way forward, we need to find the balance... I apply fake tan directly onto my skin, but only a little bit, then I grab my normal face moisturiser and buff it into my face with a kabuki brush as though I am moisturising my face. Fake tan can dehydrate the skin so the moisturiser doesn't just only apply the fake tan evenly, it also takes care of your skin whilst doing so.

BODY APPLICATION: Always mix an instant with a moisturising cream, not too much, but this will really even the tan, and make sure your skin doesn't look dry. Also when prepping always use a scrub, or an exfoliating glove, the dead skin will just peel off and mix with the tan, it is gross! Just go get a pair of glove, or a scrub, my favourite pre-tan scrub is coconut oil mixed with sugar, it gets your previous tan off too!

MAINTAINING YOUR TAN: If you are constantly re-applying tan like me, or just genuinely don't want the hassle of having to scrub for hours to get tan off,we just want it to fade evenly after a shower right? Well, the trick is to keep moistening your skin, don't let your tan dry and crack to the point where you need to scrub it off, keep it smooth so it can just fade all by itself.

Moving on to the tan's to buy...
LOOKING TO SPEND A LITTLE ON TAN: Instant wise you want St.Moritz or Cocoa Brown, these two are amazing tans, which I reach for regularly when I want an instant glow, where they are instant they don't last more then 2 or 3 showers (which is good for instant) but they just fade, and you don't need to scrub, but I would still recommend maintaining by moisturising your body as after a shower the water drys your skin and crack the tan.

LOOKING TO SPEND A LOT ON TAN: My absolute favourites is the Fake Bake Instant Airbrush Spray and my newly found favourite the James Reed express tan, I always combine the two as James Reed develops after a little while so mixed with Fake Bake its just a long lasting instant tan. I love how flawless Fake Bake Airbrush is, however I love the James Reed Express Tan Mask because it is so hydrating, it is like a serum, so it hydrates your skin, there is no need to moisturise with it because of the hydration the serum provides, your skin feels softer then any moisturiser could achieve, it is amazing! Another tan I love is Xen Tan however I find this is not a tan you can reapply with, you must scrub off your layer and start again if you wish to wear consistently.


No comments

Beauty-Outlet.net