HIGHLIGHTER GUIDE

HIGHLIGHTER GUIDE

Whilst building my collection I have picked up my fair share of highlighters, and with the ever so apparent trend that is 'strobing' there are still tons more out there that I want to get my hands on!
My loved highlighters that I store in a little bin in my dresser drawer, so they are always close by, and they are...

1. Benefits Watts Up Highlight - THIS IS AMAZING, and used by the queen herself; Mrs Kim Kardashian West! It is a gold tone highlighter that applies lovely to the skin, a cream base product that you just dab where you wish to apply, lasts all day flawlessly.

2. Urban Decay Naked Illuminated 'AURA' Highlighter - If you see my previous blogpost on this, you know how much I LOVE THIS! Everyone go buy please!! It comes in two shades, which I also love as everyone likes different highlighter whether a more silvery tone or pinky tone.

3. Sleek Contour Kit - Everyone needs this in their life, it is £7 and it is amazing. The contour shade is the perfect shade, and the highlighter is amazing, and for £7 you really can not beat it.

4. Urban Decay Naked Flushed - This palette goes everywhere with me as it has a blush, bronzer and highlighter, and I LOVE the highlighter in this palette, it is similar to sleeks but just sits on top of the skin more naturally.

5. Benefit Girl Meets Pearl - This is a more pinky, liquid highlighter, similar to their 'High Beam' but has more of a pink tone to it, with more shine, I so love this but feel it needs to be applied carefully as it can take foundation and whatever else is underneath off the skin, I apply this before my foundation and dab a tiny bit on over the same areas with a beauty blender, after foundation is applied.

6. Benefit Fine One One - Another little gem that I carry everywhere, it is a tiny little compact, like a pan sick, with a highlight shade, blush shade, and an orange shade to compliment the blush, you swipe this on your cheek and blend nicely with a duo fibre brush, and it applies so beautifully.

7. MAC Strobe Cream - Not considered a highlighter as such but this aids the skin and enhances highlight, I apply this all over my face as a primer, but apply extra to the highest point of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and middle of my forehead so when I apply my highlighter after my foundation, in those area, I get a really good colour pay off because the skin has been primer effectively.

8. Revolution Highliter Palette in shade 'Radiance' - I LOVE this! The third darker highlight shade is the EXACT to MAC Gold Deposit and it honestly just is so so beautiful. It is £8 and you get three amazing huge highlighters, definitely a winner!



So these are my favourites out of my collection, but there are many others I want so badly, so here's my highlighter shopping list...

1. BECCA 'Champagne Pop' - This was in collaboration with one of my favourite youtubers; Jaclyn Hill and it honestly just looks amazing.

2. Anastsia Beverly Hills Highlighter - I NEED EVERY SHADE.

3. MAC 'Soft & Gentle' - I don't own any MAC highlighters and feel like I am missing out.

4. MAC 'Gold Deposit' - Because only one would not be enough

5. theBALM 'Mary Lou-Miniser' - Everyone raves about it, I NEED IT!

6. Clinique Chubby Stick Highlighter - This looks so easy to use and perfect for strobing.

I have to leave my highlighter hit list there, although I'm sure that will double the size by the end of this week!

aimeeroseXO

1 comment

  1. omg I adore Watt's Up! I bought a set from Benefit and it had a mini version in there but I definitely need to buy the full version!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

Beauty-Outlet.net