USING A POWDER CONTOUR KIT ALONE

CAN YOU HIGHLIGHT AND CONTOUR WITH JUST A POWDER KIT?

Yes, you can! Ever since I posted a photo of my Anastasia Powder Contour Kit on my Instagram I have had loads of emails asking if I could contour and highlight my whole face using just this powder kit. I get it, as ideally I like a powder contour and a liquid highlight, but this is not essential, it can be done with one kit!


In the Anastasia Contour Kit you have a shimmer highlight (Sand), a yellow tone (Banana) and then a pale tone (Vanilla) ... Powder highlights work very nicely on top of foundation as they stick to your foundation really well, giving a matte under eye highlight, that isn't going to crease like a lot of concealers. I have one concealer for covering my dark circles, and another for highlighting, when using the ABH Contour Kit I would still use my general concealer and foundation combo, making the under eyes super sticky to take a powdered highlight.

Firstly I would rub my beauty blender in Bannana and pat the product underneath my eyes, on my nose, and the middle of my forehead, as Yellow is a neutralising colour, especially for the under-eyes it is more likely to cancel out dark circles, and then do the same with Vanilla over the top. I apply as much as I want until I have the intensity I like, I like Powder Contouring as you can control it a lot more, where as using my Pro Longwear NC15 to highlight I know I'm always going to get an over the top highlight, it isn't really suitable for everyday wear, a powder contour kit's intensity is build-able which means you only need the one product for range of different looks.

         


The main question I always get asked about my Powder Contour Kit is mainly how to use this for highlighting, and if it does the job, I feel everyone is extremely comfortable with the idea of a Powder Bronzer to define your cheek bones, shape your nose, etc. but I will tell you how I use this kit on the defining side of things!

I use the darkest shade (Java) to define the line of my cheekbone, then go in with a Kabuki Brush and the lightest shade (Fawn) to blend this out, then use the middle shade (Havana) to define my nose and temples, as well as jawline. I would recommend the ABH Contour Kit to everyone, it is an amazing product, an a fun item to have in your kit, I bought mine in the states but they are avaliable at Cult Beauty Online!

I always ask a little question at the end of my posts, and love the emails I recieve in response to them, so today I'm asking what contouring products should I try? Let me know at aimeesmalex@gmail.com...

aimeeroseXO

No comments

Beauty-Outlet.net