ARE YOU REALLY STROBING?

WHAT IS STROBING? ARE YOU DOING IT RIGHT?

So, we have recently had to make room for this new make up trend 'Strobing' and all over instagram I have seen different interpretations of the trend, and have had a few girlies ask me exactly what is meant by the term 'strobing'. So let's get it straight, strobing is a trend that is INSTEAD of contouring, if you are contouring and 'strobing'... you are not strobing. A combonation of both is just simple contouring like we all know, and love.
IF YOU HAVE AN OUNCE OF BRONZER ON YOUR FACE, YOU ARE NOT STROBING!

So there is the sad truth, and that is why strobing is not something that is replacing contouring for me, as I am in love with the definition and the way contouring can change your whole face, to me contouring is an art!

Another confusion with strobing is actually how to do it? and if you are actually doing it? Many girls have asked me if it is just a heavy highlight on the highest point of your cheekbones, which is true, that is a part of strobing, but you are not done there. Strobing consists of highlighting to the max, and only having your base, a bit of blusher on and a highlighter, however you must heavily apply highlight to the tip of your nose, the middle of your forehead, your cupids bow, your chin and f course highest point of your cheekbone, and remember NO BRONZER!

I feel this trend would not work for people with oily skin, and is seasonal, this is not something I would try in the winter months. I am going to do a blogpost on exactly how to do it showing you it on my own face soon, So please, lets not say Bye to are dearly beloved that is contouring!


So here are some examples of strobing, as much as everyone thinks it is an extreme trend that is going to change your face like contouring can... it's not. It is a more natural trend where you are using highlighter to enhance your current features and highlight, giving yourself a super healthy glow, it doesn't change your face like contouring does.


and here is contouring, so they still have a highlight, but have used the use of a light and dark concealer/bronzer to achieve definition, and an airbrushed finished, and as you can see they are wearing a lot more make up!  

I will be posting my version of Strobing and Contouring, and comparing the two on Friday! I hope this post helped clear the confusion that Strobing has caused among all of us, and would love to see your views on Strobing, me myself love a contour, but I am more then willing to try this trend and will keep to updated!

aimeeroseXO

No comments

Beauty-Outlet.net