GO TO CONTOURING ROUTINE

GO TO CONTOURING ROUTINE
STEP BY STEP GUIDE

My last contouring post was nearly a year ago, and it is still to this day accumulates so many views on a daily basis, so I thought I would update you all on my favourite way to contour! I have many contouring products I love, but these are my go to, holy grails, that I really would suggest for everyone.

I like to start contouring after I have finished my eye make up, as you can really sharpen your eyes with your under eye concealer, also any fall out from your eyeshadow during application isn't going to affect your under eye concealer, as we will wipe it away before we begin, rather then wiping it off our already perfect under eye concealer!


So here I've just done my eyes, brows and base, skin wise I am only wearing foundation... Our skin needs some life, our skin needs a contour. So let's start with my favourite, go to, under eye highlight which is MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15.


With my beauty blender, I dab the product under my eyes, the middle of my forehead and my chin, these are all areas I want to highlight. If you have a larger forehead, that you want to contour to look smaller, I would suggest less concealer in the middle of your forehead, and more bronzer around the border and bring it down a little lower to create the illusion of a smaller forehead. I blend this out using my beauty blender with dabbing motions, do not wipe with a brush or any type of blender because your going to loose the brightness, it will blend in too much with your foundation underneath otherwise.
So the right pictures shows us what the skin looks like with just foundation and a brightening concealer, there is no bronzer applied as of yet, but already the contrast of your foundation and underage concealer it creating the illusion of a more chiseled cheekbone.

 

Now let's contour and bronzer our face! I like to use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Contour Kit, I love a cream highlight and a powder contour, as I feel powder contours are more controllable and they dry matte of course because of the nature of the product, I find creams can be quite reflective which is not what I want when trying to create the illusion of a shadow below my cheekbone! So I go into the middle contour shade, with my NARS Itsa Brush, as this has a grey undertone, this is great for creating them shadows.


(Excuse my face, these are the faces I genuinely pull when contouring to really get an idea of where I want to apply the product)
I like to bring my contour all the way down as it creates the illusion of a skinnier face when looking head on, not just cheekbone definition from the side! Don't be scared, we need to blend!


Now I just go in with the more bronze shade, with a fluffy Eco Tools brush, and blend out our shadow contour and bronze the face! This is a really important step!


Now, let's BAKE!
This is a step I have only very recently got into, I use to just set my under eye concealer with the powders in the ABH Contour Kit, however now I am a hardcore baker. Using the Chanel Translucent Powder, I fold the puff it comes with, and apply loads of products over my concealed areas.


So the left picture is how it will look on your face, I also use this powder to carve out my contour! After about two minutes I take this fluffy brush by Sigma, and just brush away all the excess powder, this step will ensure you a bright highlight that is set for the whole day, it also looks flawless and will prevent any ceasing, especially under the eye.


& here is the final result!

None of these photos have been edited with any filters, so you can see a true reflection of what each shade is like, I really would recommend all the products mentioned today, as well as beauty blender if you want to kick start an amazing contour!



No comments

Beauty-Outlet.net