CLINIQUE 2 IN 1 BEYOND PERFECTING FOUNDATION REVIEW

CLINIQUE 2 IN 1 BEYOND PERFECTING FOUNDATION REVIEW

I haven't reviewed a foundation in a while, yet have tried so many different ones lately, but I really wanted to review this one for you all as it is quite an interesting foundation. The Clinique 2 in 1 Beyond Perfecting Foundation, retails for around £24, and claims to be a 2 in 1 foundation and concealer. I love full coverage foundations, so was dying to try this, also the concept is quite interesting, as they have basically mimicked a concealer, with a dome applicator for the foundation, which I quite enjoy. You can apply the product so easily, and more precisely to certain areas where you would like more coverage, which is really good!

Overall, I love the foundation and will repurchase this when I run out, however I have owned this for a while and only recently started loving this. At the beginning of the year I went through a few months where my skin was just terrible, it was a literally like a 3 month break out! I still am extremely unsure as to why, but thankfully it is all is gone and clear now. During this time, I found the foundation covered the redness of the blemishes so well, however it is a lovely dewy foundation, which I love, but this did not work with spots and it made the texture of my skin shine through, and that was not a good look. Obviously foundation can only cover discolouration in the skin, they can't hide bumps on the skins texture that acne break outs cause, however if you do have this problem you are probably better looking for more matte foundations, or foundations that especially are good for skin problems like that. I found Chanel Perfection Lumiere was quite a good foundation, and some others I discovered, but that's another blogpost, and if you would wish to see I always check the email requests you send me!

A little bit goes a long way, which I love, I think this foundation will definitely last a long, long time before it runs out! The dome application is so handy, some foundations to have applicator like this, but not actual fluffy flocks that mimics concealer brushes, this also mens we can get every bit out before we throw it away (always a bonus)! The finish is like a satin, dewy finish, which is lovely, for this time of year especially. It is a full coverage, yet looks so natural on the skin, you really feel like your skin can breath in this foundation.


This foundation last's so well on the skin, it lasts literally 12 hour days! It is amazing. I would really suggest taking your time blending it into the skin, I buff this in with a buffing brush, and then dab my face over with a beauty blender. Foundations like these look amazing on skin, but if not blended well, it can be a disaster. During my breakout I would pat the product in with a beauty blender trying to be careful and achieve full full coverage, but it didn't work well on the skin at all, so now I make sure it is blended really well into skin. If you want more coverage on your skin, just blend it really well and build it up with other layers as the you do not want this foundation to sit on top of your skin. However, I would always suggest you buff all foundations well into your skin, but this foundation isn't as forgiving as others if not properly blended.

This is now my go to foundation, and I would recommend to all skin types, I would say those with oily skin should make sure the foundation is well set, and those with acne should be careful with this foundation too, but other then that the foundation is flawless.

aimeeroseXO

No comments

Beauty-Outlet.net